Re: Signal 127 when doing make

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Manik, Raina (IE10) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I get the following error while doing a make on cygwin...
>
> Signal 127
> gmake: *** [platreg.s] Error 255
>
> I've attached the output of cygcheck -s -c -r -v if anyone
> needs it.
>
> Suggestions on what the nature of this problem is, would be
> very welcome. I've looked at the output of make debug information
> and strace dumps of make but i can't get a hang of where the
> trouble is.
>
> PS: Please cc: me on this email  since i'm not part of the list.
>
> thanks
> Manik

Manik,

Signal 127 usually means that some application could not be exec'd.  Look
at the make output before that point.  Try getting make to echo your
commands (by running it with -n, for example) and check that all the
necessary programs exist and are executable.  Check your shell settings,
check the make mode (try explicitly passing --unix to make).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu