This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygpath bug?
- From: Shankar Unni <shankar at cotagesoft dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:14:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: cygpath bug?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Shouldn't GetShortPathName() == 0 always cause the get_short_name()
function to fail?
I would sincerely hope not. I see no reason why cygpath conversion has
to be tied to the existence of files. We often need to use cygpath to
convert between formats for files which we are about to create.
notepad `cygpath -d "/cygdrive/c/some nonexistent file.txt"`
will make notepad create that file for me.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html