This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin autoconf produces configure scripts with CR/LF
- From: Makino Takaki <t at snowelm dot com>
- To: David Kilroy <david dot kilroy at pigroup dot co dot uk>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:20:55 +0900
- Subject: Re: cygwin autoconf produces configure scripts with CR/LF
- References: <E562FCEE3A42D61192880002A5FB4333FF33E2@kite.pigroup.co.uk>
> The CR/LF might be due to the recent perl/PERLIO problems. Indeed, reading
> your cygcheck, you have perl 5.8.0-2 which exhibits this.
> Try setting PERLIO=stdio
> If that doesn't work you could try reverting to an earlier version of perl.
Thank you, it works!
I was rather surprised at the fact that autoconf depends on perl...
I knew that automake is a perl script, but I didn't know that autoconf
is also dependent on perl.
Is it possible to provide some tentative solutions for cygwin distributions
of automake/autoconf packages, e.g. inserting "PERLIO=stdio; export PERLIO"
to the automake/autoconf scripts? Because many modern editors treat CRs
transparently, it is getting more difficult and time-wasting to notice
CRs as the source of troubles.
Anyway, thank you very much for your quick help!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html