Re: ftp, anonymous login...

I've created a nobody a/c, an ftp a/c and a nogroup group in my w2k3. The
nobody a/c is with a password "nobody" and the ftp a/c a password "ftp". Both
of them are members of the nogroup. I've updated the /etc/password by mkpasswd
-l > /etc/passwd too afterwards.

tsfu@dragon ~
$ telnet -l ftp phoenix
Trying 218.188.58.94...
Connected to phoenix.
Escape character is '^]'.
Password:
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!

ftp@Phoenix ~
$ logout
Connection closed by foreign host.

tsfu@dragon ~
$ telnet -l nobody phoenix
Trying 218.188.58.94...
Connected to phoenix.
Escape character is '^]'.
Password:
No directory /home/nobody!
Logging in with home = "/".

nobody@Phoenix /
$ logout
Connection closed by foreign host.

tsfu@dragon ~
$ ncftp phoenix
NcFTP 3.1.4 (Jul 02, 2002) by Mike Gleason (ncftp@ncftp.com).
Resolving phoenix...
Connecting to 218.188.58.94...

ProFTPD 1.2.9rc1 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation) [Phoenix]
Logging in...
Login incorrect.
Sleeping 19 seconds...

Do any other special thing I forget to do yet?

Thanks!!

Jason

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:04:40PM +0800, Jason Fu wrote:
> Below are what I came across when I tried to access my proftpd with
> anonymous/ftp. Is cygwin ported of proftpd really working?

Yes, works for me:

    $ ncftp 15.1.193.136
    NcFTP 3.1.4 (Jul 02, 2002) by Mike Gleason (ncftp@ncftp.com).
    Connecting to 15.1.193.136...
    ProFTPD 1.2.9rc1 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation) [TISHLERJASON]
    Logging in...
    Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
    Logged in to 15.1.193.136.
    ncftp / >

> # A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories.  If you do
> # not want anonymous users, simply delete this entire <Anonymous>
> # section.
> <Anonymous ~ftp>
>   User				nobody
>   Group				nogroup

Did you create the nobody user and/or the nogroup group?

Jason

http://www.hkucs.org/~tsfu/
http://members.staroffice.com/www/tsfu/