This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mozilla vis-à-vis Cygwin
- From: "Michael F. March" <march at indirect dot com>
- To: Randall R Schulz <rschulz at sonic dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:37:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: Mozilla vis-à-vis Cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I posted the same thing last month and no one seems to care.
A while back there was some talk about the feasibility of a Cygwin-based
Mozilla. In perusing the release notes for Mozilla 1.4
(<http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.4rc1/>) I noticed this:
- As of Mozilla 1.4b, it is possible to build Mozilla for Win32 using
GCC. See the win32 build instructions
(<http://www.mozilla.org/build/win32.html>) for details.
Perhaps this represents a meaningful portion of a the porting work
necessary to create a GCC- / Cygwin- / X-based Mozilla variant.
Michael F. March ----- email@example.com
Ph: (415)462-1910 ---- Fax: (602)296-0400
P.O. Box 2254 ---- Phoenix, AZ 85002-2254
"Seriously" - HSR
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html