mutt/exim DNS problems?

I'm using Cygwin under XP Professional on an IBM Thinkpad, connected
wireless to an SMC router, using IBM Access Connections to set up my
computer on a DHCP private 198.... address to receive DHCP gateway and
DNS info from ISPs that change when I change locations (on travel).

I have no problems conecting anywhere on the Internet using Netscape and
Iexplorer browsers, or even using Eudora to send Email.  Under Cygwin,
I can ssh login to various machines.  However, using mutt (using exim)
I keep getting "Network is unreachable"???  mutt/exim worked fine when
I first set up my system, but now mutt/exim is failing?

Any suggestions on settings I might test/try?

Thanks.

Lester

--
 Prof. Lester Ingber  ingber@ingber.com  ingber@alumni.caltech.edu