This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Site search facility at cygwin.com
- From: Biju G C <bijumaillist at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Site search facility at cygwin.com
--- Larry Hall <email@example.com> wrote:
> Biju G C wrote:
> > cfg,
> > I dont see any site search facility at cygwin.com
> > So i made the following, If you can include this at cygwin.com
> > it will be helpful.
> > Demo: http://www.geocities.com/bijumaillist/xscreens/cygsearch.htm
> Actually, there's search facilities for the mail lists on each mail
> list page. For example:
> Though I have no objection to your proposal, it is somewhat redundant
> for the site in general.
If nobody wants it, its fine with me.
But its not redundant, here are my points
1) Functionality of both searches is different.
One searches a specific mail list, other entire cygwin web site,
including home page, FAQ, etc.
2) See any commercial web site they will always put site search at home page
and that too at an easily visible area. Because its easy for a new visitor to
do a search, than following many links to reach a page he wants
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html