This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Testversion uploaded: bash-2.05b-10
- From: Roland Schwingel <Roland dot Schwingel at onevision dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:49:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Testversion uploaded: bash-2.05b-10
- Organization: OneVision Software AG
email@example.com wrote on 18.06.2003 17:34:32:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 05:18:29PM +0200, Roland Schwingel wrote:
> > I also tested this release (of course). I do not use textmode, neither
> > scripts
> > with DOS line endings but I created one and can verify this as well..
> > Nevertheless, I want to mention that the speed gain brought by this
> > version is more
> > then noticable... I have one which runs normally about 5 Minutes,
> > less then 1(!)
> If you have the choice between speed and correctness, which one do
> you choose?
Correctness of course!
But maybe the patch should be improved to not show these bad effects.
I try to get some time next week and see whether I can understand bash
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html