This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: searching for target
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: alex hardy <xstation108 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:53:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: searching for target
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
alex hardy wrote:
I receive this responce when make is invoked
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
there is a makefile in home/administrator/min
my working dir is home/administrator
if I set PS1="\w--> "
would this work?
Questions about how to use 'make' are really off-topic here. You should
read the 'make' man and/or info pages for information about it's usage.
However, in your case, it seems your problem is that you aren't running
'make' from the directory where the makefile is located. 'cd' to
'home/administrator/min' and try again. You should have better luck.
If not, refer to the docs I mentioned.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html