This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygipc semaphores not persistent?
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:49:30 -0400
- Subject: cygipc semaphores not persistent?
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
I am attempting to use cygipc for its semaphore functionality
in porting some existing UNIX code.
It would appear that semaphores are not persistent?
The code depends on the UNIX semantic of a semaphore being a global
system object that exists regardless of whether any processes are
currently using it.
I have processes coming and going, using the semaphore to mediate
access to a disk-based queue. I have been debugging the code,
and it appears that the semaphore is destroyed when no process has
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html