This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygipc semaphores not persistent?
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:53:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygipc semaphores not persistent?
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com> <0HGQ00JM8RU99X@pmismtp01.wcomnet.com>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
Mark Paulus wrote:
Are you running the ipcdaemon process? At one time
the cygipc libraries required the ipcdaemon process
to manage the global objects. I thought I read something
that the ipc-daemon is going away, and being incorporated
into the cygwin architecture, but I did not gather that it had
happened yet. That may be a misunderstanding on my
I spent some time in the guts of the cygipc code, and think I tracked
it down -- nothing was keeping the semaphore handles open but client
processes, so when they all exited, the semaphore went away.
I just posted a patch to fix this -- the ipc-daemon process now
keeps semaphores open as long as they are supposed to exist.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html