This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: changing bash window title
- From: Weiqi Gao <weiqi dot gao at nisc dot cc>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:02:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: changing bash window title
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sanjay Goel wrote:
the bash window has title Cygwin by default .. whenever I do a telnet or
lynx .. it changes the title .. how do I restore it again or change it to
something custom ..
You can do a
$ cmd /c title whatever
To change the title. I have a bash script named "t" that contains the
line "cmd /c title bash" in my path. Every time my title is messed up
(almost always after using lynx), I simply type "t" and the title is
Not as politically correct as the "^[e;!@#$%^&*" alternative but it works.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html