This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about Cygwin License
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Cary Lewis <clewis at mobilecom dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:38:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: Question about Cygwin License
- References: <3E2D8043936AD611AF7D00508B5E9F4B45E45C@server3.mobilecom.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Cary Lewis wrote:
I want to use cygwin with a proprietary system.
As I do not want to publish my source code, I know I need a "breakout"
license from RedHat.
I am not changing cygwin, I am simply using the cygwin.dll to get a Unix
based system to run under Windows.
Has anyone purchased a breakout license?
I was told today that the cost was $50,000.00 USD for a 3 year license.
Does that sound right?
It seems unbelievably high to me, considering that MKS has a very similar
product at only $5,000.00 (which includes 50 run time
Any advice would be appreciated.
Seems simple to me. If your usage would violate the GPL, you need
an alternative. If you don't like the alternative, you can attempt to
negotiate with Red Hat. Otherwise, if you feel there are alternatives
that are better for you, go with them. I guess I don't see the problem.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html