This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: top is gone (PLUS sshd logs)
- From: Fred Ma <fma at doe dot carleton dot ca>
- To: Vince Hoffman <Vince dot Hoffman at uk dot circle dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 05:48:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: top is gone (PLUS sshd logs)
- References: <3500515B75D9D311948800508BA37955014BDC5A@EX-LONDON>
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: top is gone (PLUS sshd logs)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 05:47:06 -0400
From: Fred Ma <email@example.com>
To: Vince Hoffman <Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com>
Vince Hoffman wrote:
> sshd stores its logs in the windows event log.
Hi, Vince, I just took a look at them. They are
certainly quite raw. I also found a log file in
/c/var/log/sshd.log. The message being that
it can't load the host keys, even though the
files it specifies are indeed present and
readable by user "Administ", group "mkpasswd".
Hmm, maybe that's the reason. I've taken
the administrator out of /etc/passwd, leaving
only users and "system". Still trying to get
my environment back to normal.
Fred Ma, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics
1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
Canada, K1S 5B6
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html