This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: starting cron
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <pierre dot humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:07:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: starting cron
- References: <EHGWB07-004GC3-N3@phumblet.no-ip.org>
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 05:49:47PM +0000, email@example.com wrote:
> cron diagnostic did not find any problems. but cron still does not work in my
> I am attaching the cron diagnostic files as suggested.
d:\cygwin\bin\id.exe output (nontsec)
UID: 400(ckumar) GID: 401(mkpasswd)
It looks like ckumar doesn't appear in /etc/passwd.
Run "mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd" (or -ld if a domain user)
then run "id" to verify.
P.S.: perhaps testing for uid=400 and gid=401 could be added
to the cron diagnostic.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html