This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: User names with spaces
- From: andrew brian clegg <a dot clegg at mail dot cryst dot bbk dot ac dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:17:15 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: User names with spaces
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > However I'd like to just change the name of the old account using XP Pro's
> > facilities for doing so, so I can keep all of my old settings etc., and
> > just rename my cygwin home dir to match. Has anyone tried this? I don't
> > want to mess everything up and end up having to reinstall lots of stuff.
> Why not simply edit the /etc/passwd entry?
Umm -- because I'm still slightly hazy and over-cautious about the
interaction between Windows accounts and cygwin accounts? :)
I take it then that if I (for example) just change the space to an
underscore in my /etc/passwd entry and in "/home/Andrew Clegg/" it'll all
work swimmingly when I log back in -- terrific.
Cheers for the hint,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html