This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Posible to create filenames with colons?
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>
- To: jordi <vklengh at menta dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:58:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: Posible to create filenames with colons?
- References: <000901c33750$8b6f1490$29e0393e@dck>
As win FAT's doesn't allow any filename with that kind of characters
(\,/,:,*,?,",<,>,|), would like to know if a sometimes used character like
colon ":", can be mapped through cygwin as it just does with slashes. Could
be possible? Thanks.
There are a few packages (Perl for example) which create file names
with colons. Windows doesn't like this.
It would be good if Cygwin mapped these into something compatible,
say, an equal sign.
Michael Eager Eager Consulting firstname.lastname@example.org
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html