This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: C compiler cannot create executables
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at cygwin dot com>
- To: Arvind Raman <arvind_raman at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:02:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: C compiler cannot create executables
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Arvind Raman wrote:
> I am trying to compile the xvid distribution in the
> cygwin shell on my windows 2k box. On doing so I am
> getting the following error
> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
> which I see is troubling quite a few other people.
> I browsed through the messages on the list, but could
> not really find a fix to my problem. I have
> uninstalled and installed cygwin many times, and that
> too doesnt seem to solve the problem.
> As was requested of others I am attaching the outputs
> of my ./configure and cygcheck -svr.
> Could you please help me figure out where the problem
> could be.
You have three options:
1) Upgrade Cygwin (which may help). We're currently at version
1.3.22 verging a 1.5.0 release.
2) Re-install the 'gcc' and/or 'gcc-mingw' package(s). Again..it
3) Read `man chmod'...
chmod -R a+r .
chmod -R a+x bin sbin usr/sbin usr/local/bin lib/gcc-lib/*.exe usr/X11R6/bin
You might just need to `chmod u+rwx .' in your working directory, however.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html