This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: grep not working due to missing cygpcre.dll
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at cygwin dot com>
- To: JK <katch at mm dot st>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:22:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: grep not working due to missing cygpcre.dll
- References: <20030625141857.3F30E70AFA@smtp.us2.messagingengine.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, JK wrote:
> I just updated my installation with the "current" list of packages in
> On startup I get a message from grep.exe saying it can't find
> So now grep, less and more are broken.
No, it's perfectly fine.
> It's the problem described here:
> aside from waiting until the respective packages are fixed, what do I
> need to do to get grep and less working again ?
Re-install the 'libpcre' package. You have the DLL's for libpcre0 but not
> 66k 2003/06/17 C:\cygwin\bin\cygpcre-0.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
> "cygpcre-0.dll" v0.0 ts=2003/6/17 4:37
> 15k 2003/06/17 C:\cygwin\bin\cygpcreposix-0.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
> "cygpcreposix-0.dll" v0.0 ts=2003/6/17 4:37
> libpcre 4.1-1
> libpcre0 4.3-1
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html