This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
mkpasswd for HUGE domains?
- From: Igor Román Mariño <igor dot roman dot marino at cern dot ch>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:05:00 +0200
- Subject: mkpasswd for HUGE domains?
I've had to add a user to /etc/passwd to access my computer by ssh via
cygwin on w2k.
The main problem was, that
a) our modified version of windows (CERN/NICE) doenst allow the creation of
new users to the local computer, as such I had to add the domain user
b) our domain has over 10000 users
c) mkpasswd -d doesnt have a way of especifiying a particular user, only the
d) getting the whole list takes over 50 minutes (and still counting)
Could the tool be rewriten as to have either
- a way of especify a particular user from a domain that you want to add
- a faster way of getting all the users of such a HUGE domain
Igor Román Mariño
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html