Re: About the 'su' command

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:51:24AM -0400, Bill C. Riemers wrote:

> > Now you ask, "Well then, why can ssh do pipes."  Very simple, 'ssh' sticks
> > around after starting the child process starts passing data from open file
> > descriptors though sockets.

Bit of a tangent, but -- did anyone ever figure out what all those
transient connections between non-priv ports on localhost are for when you
type stuff into an ssh session?

There was a bit of discussion on here a few months ago about it, but I'm
not sure it ever got resolved, and I've just started to see it myself
having finally installed ssh...

Andrew.