cvs connecting to a repository on Windows broken?

Hi all,

I updated my installation of Cygwin yesterday. As part of this CVS was updated to version 1.11.5-1

I had been using cvs quite successfully to talk to a repository on a Windows 2000 server. As of this upgrade this is no longer working. When I cd to my copy and type 'cvs update' I get an error;

cvs update: CVSROOT requires a path spec:
cvs update: :(gserver|kserver|pserver):[[user][:password]@]host[:[port]]/path
cvs update: [:(ext|server):][[user]@]host[:]/path
cvs [update aborted]: Bad CVSROOT: `:pserver:andyt@javsource1:c:\eglrepository'.

I've tried doing a fresh checkout (to another directory) with all sorts of variations on the path spec but none seems to work, for instance;

$ cvs -d:pserver:andyt@javsource1/c:\\eglrepository login

or

$ cvs -d:pserver:andyt@javsource1/c//eglrepository login

etc.

Can anyone provide any suggestions? Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks and regards,
Andy