This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: release 1.3.22-1 uninstall \etc\hosts
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Bhavraj Singh <bhavraj at irisfinancial dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:32:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: release 1.3.22-1 uninstall \etc\hosts
- References: <3F046275.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Bhavraj Singh wrote:
After uninstalling cygwin by removing the directory, shortcuts etc.
there are are links to 2 files which refuse to get deleted, they are
\etc\hosts and \etc\lib. Any suggestions on how to remove the links
Must be some kind of permissions problem, though I can't tell anything
more specific from the information given. Try going to the explorer
and checking the permissions. If necessary, take ownership of the
files and then delete them. Of course, all this assumes that you've
removed all Cygwin services that you may have been running as well.
I'm assuming this because you didn't say that you had trouble removing
any other files (like cygwin1.dll). But this is something to check if
your description above isn't quite complete.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html