This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error compiling code using winsock functions
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:15:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: Error compiling code using winsock functions
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <Law11-F269hRNiBfrS600032521@hotmail.com>
David None wrote:
> Hi there, thanks for the reply, but I've tried the methods suggested (just
> using windows.h and #define Win32_Winsock), also as Win32_Winsock is
> deprecated, I also tried defining __USE_W32_SOCKETS
> but I'm still receiving the same error:
> I get the following error:
> "iphdrinc.o(.text+0x820):iphdrinc.c: undefined reference to '_WSASocketA@24'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"
> hopefully some more ideas are floating around ? =)
$ find /lib/w32api/ -name \*.a | xargs nm -o | grep -i wsasocketa
/lib/w32api/libws2_32.a:ds00061.o:00000000 T WSASocketA@24
/lib/w32api/libws2_32.a:ds00061.o:00000000 I _imp__WSASocketA@24
Try "-lws2_32" on your gcc line.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html