This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: the "kill" command
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 20:17:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: the "kill" command
- References: <BAY1-F123liRtUvh18c00003b56@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 12:00:21AM +0000, Tremaine Floyd wrote:
>I was wondering if there is a way to "kill" windows processes ? I use the
>"ps -W" cmd however I am not able to close windows based applications or
>windows expect the cygwin console itself. i have tried "kill -f" which
>actually brings back "bash: kill: f: invalid signal specification" & also
>tried "kill 9" but niether will shutdown a windows2000 application. Could
>I get a little with this please ?
/bin/kill -f <winpid>
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html