Re: mysqlc (was RE: php-mysql-cygwin how to)

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, andrew brian clegg wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>
> > From memory (haven't compiled MySQL on Cygwin for a while) it compiles
> > fine, the only problem was, and perhaps still is, with the server.  The
> > libraries work fine, too. I promised myself that I'd try and get it
> > working...But so little time and so many things to do. :-)
>
> Know the feeling. Didn't have a chance to try your (and Jason's) rebaseall
> fix for apache last night -- things you can't do over ssh are a pain.
>
> I'm not so worried about the server to be honest... It's only the
> readline-based client that uses that nasty B19 dll which is what I want to
> get rid of cleanly.
>
> Although having said that, I don't think MySQL 4.1 Alpha ships with the
> dodgy dll -- not sure what they've done, haven't investigated it properly
> yet.
>
> > All it needs is a straight
> >
> >   ./configure --without-server --prefix=/usr
> >   make; make install
>
> Wicked, will give that a go.

I decided to drop what I'm working on and play with MySQL this afternoon ;-)

If all goes well and I can get everything par the server working I'll see if
it/they (client and libs) would be accepted as packages..then tackle the server.

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB
http://www.emcb.co.uk