This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mount Windows registry into filesystem
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: andrew brian clegg <a dot clegg at mail dot cryst dot bbk dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:35:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: Mount Windows registry into filesystem
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, andrew brian clegg wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > > Conversely is there a way to determine the type when reading? It
> > > appears that Cygwin does what you expect (e.g. returning a \0 delimited
> > > list for REG_MULTI_SZ) but is there any way to ask it directly?
> > Not that I know of. Look at fhandler_registry.cc for implementation
> > details.
> Suggestion to those who know about these things: being able to go
> file /proc/registry/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/blahblahblah
> and have it return the type would be way cool. Or would that involve a
> really ugly hack?
Kinda, 'cos `file' uses stock source (i.e. fileutils) and this would require
changing it somewhat. It wouldn't be hard to add this as an option to regtool,
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html