This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem in compiling : cannot find -ldl
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: philippe guillaume <guillaume_pfr at yahoo dot fr>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:43:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem in compiling : cannot find -ldl
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, [iso-8859-1] philippe guillaume wrote:
> Here is the line for the compilation :
> " gcc -o wish.exe OBJ/wish.o OBJ/calculPosition.o
> OBJ/calculVisibiliteCmd.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
> -ltk -ltcl -ldl -lX11 -lm "
> and it produces this error :
> : cannot find -ldl "
libdl is a linux'ism. You don't need it. We don't have it :-) Just remove '-ldl'
from the Makefile or link line.
> There's two things that i don't understand ...
> 1- Why i can't see the bin directory on windows in
> c:\cygwin\usr and even when i do " ls -l /usr " ?
/usr/bin and /usr/lib are just mount points to C:\cygwin\bin and C:\cygwin\lib .
You should be able to see bin and lib from `ls -l /usr', though. What's the
output of `mount' ?
> 2- the option -llibrary ... this error means that dl
> library isn't on my cygwin ? if it's that how can i
> get it ?
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html