This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygwin 1.5.0 and managed mode
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: Pavel Rozenboim <pavelr at coresma dot com>
- Cc: "Cygwin (E-mail)" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:35:54 +0100
- Subject: RE: cygwin 1.5.0 and managed mode
- References: <6A3008858445D711A58A00062939B2F1EA97@EXCHANGE>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
> when I try this from the shell I get an error :
> mount: /: Mount device busy
You have to unmount '/' first. It's best if you do something like this
mount -m >/tmp/mtab
...edit the file to add `-o managed'..
and then unmount your mount points, e.g.
and finally, remount
your mount points. I think it'd be better if you do this from a dos prompt, and
shutdown all running Cygwin processes and services before doing so.
If you have Cygwin/XFree86 installed, you don't need to `umount' the fonts mount
point, and might be better removing it from /tmp/mtab .
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html