This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.5.0 and managed mode
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:46:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.5.0 and managed mode
- References: <6A3008858445D711A58A00062939B2F1EA97@EXCHANGE>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 04:22:27PM +0200, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Vince Hoffman [mailto:Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com]
>> Sent: Thu, July 10, 2003 3:19 PM
>> To: 'Pavel Rozenboim'; email@example.com
>> Subject: RE: cygwin 1.5.0 and managed mode
>> mount manipulates the registry entrys for you.
>> > > If 'C:\Cygwin' is mounted as '/' you would do
>> > >
>> > > mount -o managed C:\\Cygwin /
>> > >
>> > > from a shell. You should look at the output of `mount' first
>> > > before changing the
>> > > mount points.
>when I try this from the shell I get an error :
>mount: /: Mount device busy
Argh. Don't do this for your whole root directory! This should not
be a default setting. It is only useful for directories that have
been created from scratch under managed mount mode.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html