This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.0-1 Working Great Here
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:08:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: 1.5.0-1 Working Great Here
- References: <000001c346fd$4685a620$2101a8c0@BRAEMARINC.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:06:49AM -0500, Gary R Van Sickle wrote:
> XPPro, NTFS. Builds working GCC cross compiler and binutils just fine,
> which covers a lot of intermediate territory. Autoconf/Automake/Perl still
> work. I don't know if the tools thus built use 64-bit file APIs, since I
> don't have any source files exceeding 4GB ;-). And I've even been using the
Please don't forget that 1.5.0 not only introduces 64 bit file offsets
but also 32 bit uids and gids. Testing this is pretty easy by changing
/etc/passwd and /etc/group. Just keep in mind that all tools not build
for 1.5.0 will not like uids/gids > 64K...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html