This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Globally redirecting output elsewhere than /tmp/
- From: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:05:27 +0100
- Subject: Globally redirecting output elsewhere than /tmp/
- Reply-to: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
The directory /tmp seems to be hardwired into some applications as a
repository for temporary files created during those applications' activity.
(Rather than using env. vars. TEMP or TMP, I mean.)
Is there a way of globally diverting such temporary files elsewhere, as in
"for /tmp read h:/temp throughout this session"?
I've tried fiddling with all of alias, ln, mount, ..., but none of these
seem to provide quite what's needed.
(Reason for asking: I am still experimenting with portable-Cygwin-on-a-CD.
Then the un-write-ability of the directory /tmp and possibly of other
directories too is occasionally proving to be problematic.)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html