Re: cygwin 1.5.0-1 forked off child processes have open handles to non-existant processes

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 05:48:21PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>I was just walking my process tree with the process explorer when I saw
>the cron process had an open handle to a non-existant process
>(presumably its parent).

That is correct.  It is working as designed.  It has always done this.
It keeps a handle open to the process so that the pid of the original
process will not be reused.  It also keeps several process handles open
so that pids will not be reused too quickly as that confuses bash.

cgf