This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin apps talking to Windows browsers? openmoz for file URLs
- From: "Ralf Hauser" <ralfhauser at gmx dot ch>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:40:07 +0200
- Subject: RE: Cygwin apps talking to Windows browsers? openmoz for file URLs
- Reply-to: <hauser at acm dot org>
> there's no particular jiggery-pokery needed to get a Cygwin app to launch
> a URL in a Windows browser.
> e.g. try typing
> explorer "http://www.google.com/"
> from your bash prompt, or if you want your default Windows URL handler to
> handle it by magic, you can do
> cmd /c start "http://www.google.com"
> (the start trick works in Win2K and XP, not sure about DOS-style Windows).
have a look at http://ostermiller.org/openmoz/ - especially since that
script also handles file URLs
I did some minor changes and now it also should run under cygwin
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html