This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: make 3.80 and VPATH
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:18:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: make 3.80 and VPATH
- References: <3F0DE2D4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:04:04PM -0700, Christopher Seawood wrote:
>It appears that make 3.80 no longer translates the path in VPATH to a
>native cygwin path. Is this intentional?
>This causes a problem for objdir builds with Mozilla which uses win32
>paths for VPATH, topsrcdir & srcdir.
Translated here for posterity:
* cygwin has moved to make-3.8.0 whic fails trying to build mozilla. the problem
* is they defaulted the make mode to --win32. Failure is:
* unable to find Makefile.in in obj-i586-pc-msvc
* which looks like a VPATH failure
This bug report is gobbledegook. No details, poor assumptions.
Sorry. Test case required. Explanation of how make is invoked required.
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to email@example.com
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html