This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Who is running Apache2 on Cygwin?
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:42:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: Who is running Apache2 on Cygwin?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> It is really interesting that a simple piece
> of software like a webserver refuses to run
> on Cygwin, well all the other webservers are
> running quite well (i.e. every other webserver
> I was able to compile), what is so special
> with Apache that it makes it so difficult to
> get it to run on Cygwin?
> Is there someone running Apache2 on Cygwin
> without problems?
> I can build it, but CGI doesn't work, lot
> of problems when fetching e.g. JPEGs, even
> with cygwin-1.5 it does not work as expected.
I have it "running". It's very slow in comparison to 1.3.27 (which run's
perfectly, BTW) and as soon as I loaded php5-alpha is bombed. :-(
Anyway, 1.3 is still faster and better, IMO.
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html