This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Spurious executable bits keep turning up
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:16:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: Spurious executable bits keep turning up
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 12:34:23PM +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Sorry if this is an FAQ, I've searched the archives but found nothing.
> I run under XP, CYGWIN=tty ntsec.
> Files produced by a range of mechanisms (at least FileOutputStream in
> Java, xemacs, MS Word) show up as executable (-rwxrwxrwx), which is
> somewhere between distracting, irritating and a real problem. What am
> I doing wrong?
Nothing. The executable bit is set by default on files created with
native Windows apps. Annoying but true.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html