This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Spurious executable bits keep turning up
- From: Jason Lunz <lunz at falooley dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:01:04 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Spurious executable bits keep turning up
- Organization: PBR Streetgang
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Sorry if this is an FAQ, I've searched the archives but found nothing.
> I run under XP, CYGWIN=tty ntsec.
> Files produced by a range of mechanisms (at least FileOutputStream in
> Java, xemacs, MS Word) show up as executable (-rwxrwxrwx), which is
> somewhere between distracting, irritating and a real problem. What am
> I doing wrong?
I'm having the same problem. An ssh private key unpacked by nsis
(http://nsis.sf.net) under XP has 0777 permissions, meaning that a
cygwin-compiled ssh.exe refuses to use it. But this works under win2k.
Is there any workaround for this?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html