RE: Can't get ssh to forward X packets

Thanks for the reply Todd.  Here's what I found:

Before changing anything:
- There was still no $DISPLAY set on the remote host after logging in.  No
change in behavior, X still not forwarding.

After setting a local DISPLAY in my Cygwin ennvironment, I then tried the
follwoing, and it worked, but I did get an xauth data warning:
jnokes@D-SJC-JNOKES ~
$ ssh -X jnokes@row-cm
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
[jnokes@row-cm jnokes]$ echo $DISPLAY
localhost:10.0
[jnokes@row-cm jnokes]$
- I ran a test with xeyes and it worked fine.

Thanks for the solution.  I'm now intrigued as to why I needed this, never
have in the past, and it alwyas just worked fine.  And what is SecureCRT doing
"under-the-hood" to make it work without any visible warnings that Cygwin ssh
is not doing?

Thanks again for the help.
- Jeff