This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't get ssh to forward X packets
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:51:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: Can't get ssh to forward X packets
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeff Nokes wrote:
> no changes. When looking at the verbose output, no mention of X forwarding at
> all. I know I'm doing it correctly:
> ssh -X username@host
> ... and I do log in successfully, but there's never a $DISPLAY variable set on
> the remote host, as there should be. When I check $DISPLAY when logging in
> with SecureCRT, I can see it just fine, and X forwards perfectly. So, the
What is $DISPLAY set to prior to running the ssh command? If nothing,
try setting it to ":0".
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html