This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [H] Reinstall LILO
- From: "Carroll Kong" <me at carrollkong dot com>
- To: hardware at hardwaregroup dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:00:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: [H] Reinstall LILO
- Reply-to: me at carrollkong dot com
> Hello All
> How does one re-install LILO
> Do you just reinstall Linux kernel thru KDE?
> Martin Gainty
Well LILO is not the same as the kernel. If you want to reinstall
LILO in the same area that is defined by /etc/lilo.conf, you just run
Hopefully it is set to your bootblocks if that is a multi-booting
system or you have a good piece of software like ranish to recover.
(that software is such a life safer, I should donate to them or
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html