This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [H] Reinstall LILO
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: hardware at hardwaregroup dot com, me at carrollkong dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:51:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: [H] Reinstall LILO
- References: <Law10-F30USmREIpzlX0000828e@hotmail.com> <3F112DD2.20560.2B48B12A@localhost>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:00:50AM -0400, Carroll Kong wrote:
>>How does one re-install LILO Do you just reinstall Linux kernel thru
>Well LILO is not the same as the kernel. If you want to reinstall LILO
>in the same area that is defined by /etc/lilo.conf, you just run
>Hopefully it is set to your bootblocks if that is a multi-booting
>system or you have a good piece of software like ranish to recover.
>(that software is such a life safer, I should donate to them or
Please remove the cygwin mailing list from this email. I don't know
why it was cc'ed (I suspect a Reply-To) but this is completely off-topic
for cygwin at cygwin dot com.
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to email@example.com
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html