This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: anybody has an exim win32 binary with mysql support? Got 'main option "mysql_servers" unknown' error upon start-up
- From: "Ralf Hauser" <ralfhauser at gmx dot ch>
- To: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<win32 at lists dot mysql dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:31:16 +0200
- Subject: RE: anybody has an exim win32 binary with mysql support? Got 'main option "mysql_servers" unknown' error upon start-up
- Reply-to: <hauser at acm dot org>
Since all the other DB code I use is under mysql, I guess I need mysql.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pierre A. Humblet [mailto:Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org]
> Sent: Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2003 21:20
> Hi Ralf,
> As far as I know there is no mysql library available
> for Cygwin.
>From Gerrit, I got cygmysqlclient-14.dll*, cygmysqlclient_r-14.dll*, and
libmySQL.dll* - do you think it is possible with any of those?
Would any of the above be equivalent to "-lmysqlclient" mentioned in
(probably on another platform than win32)
> However there is postgresql
> Can that help you?
As said, probably not.
> You would need to download the source (using setup) and build
> exim, it should be easy. If you do that, please do it in two
> 1) Build exactly as distributed (see instructions in
> /usr/doc/cygwin/exim.. and verify it works.
> 2) Modify the Makefile to include the sql stuff
I guess, I'll have to try!
> If you find that it works, or some other solution,
> please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Let's see whether there is some experience already on the exim side
> Good luck.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html