This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Ideas re problem reporting
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:33:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ideas re problem reporting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030716002142.E1F2434381@nevin.research.canon.com.au>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:21:42AM +1000, email@example.com wrote:
>On 22 May, Sam Edge wrote:
>> In addition, you are likely to get little help here with any problem
>> unless you installed cygwin via the "official" setup.exe that you can
>> get via the "Install Cygwin now" link on the http://www.cygwin.com/
>> web site.
>If this is a common occurrence (installing but bypassing setup.exe
>somehow), then maybe it should finish by adding a registry entry to say
>it did the install (and whether partial or full), so that problem
>reports that include the system info would let you know this.
cygcheck -rsv (or cygcheck -c) already implies this. If the output
from cycheck doesn't include package information, then the packages
weren't installed via setup.exe.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html