This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.5.0 managed mode & backward compatibility
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:23:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.5.0 managed mode & backward compatibility
- References: <6A3008858445D711A58A00062939B2F1EB0A@EXCHANGE>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:12:09AM +0200, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:48:28PM +0200, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
>> directories (/,/usr/bin,
>> >/usr/lib) in managed mode. Now I can't access files that
>> have a capital
>> >letters that were created before upgrade to 1.5.0.
>> Don't do that. Do not use managed mode on your old
>> directories. It is
>> called "managed" for a reason. Cygwin wants to manage all
>> file creations.
>> So, the only way to use it is to create an empty directory, mount it
>> as managed, and then populate it with files.
>Do you have any plans to provide backward/windows compatibility for managed
No. None whatsoever.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html