This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Spammers watching this user forum
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:04:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: Spammers watching this user forum
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <3F17DD1F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Please consider not ``bouncing'' SPAM. There have been various DoS type
> virus that send email with fictitious headers. When you bounce that
> type of SPAM then you are participating in the DoS. The bounce doesn't
Indeed. The only legitimate bounce you can do to spam is at the SMTP
delivery level, before the message has been accepted. Anything else,
and you're just causing some innocent (or even joe-jobbed) third party a
little bit more hassle. Even that doesn't do much as spamware pretty
much operates on the spray and pray philosophy, so a "550 Go Away
Forever" isn't likely to get your email address removed from squat.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html