Re: Problem with cygwin.dll ver 1.5.0-1

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:58:56AM -0400, Gene Livshits wrote:
>It looks like the rsync -e ssh problem with sockets was not fixed in
>cygwin1.dll ver 1.5.0-1.  Does anyone know how to fix it or when it's
>going to be fixed?

Rather than assume that we know what you are talking about, why not file
a proper bug report detailing what specifically, "the 'rsynce -e ssh'
problem" is?

You can read: http://cygwin.com/problems.html for a description on
how to file problem reports.  I've quoted one section below:

  # Do not assume that your problem is so trivial or so "well known" that
  it does not require any details or background from you.  Many (most?)
  people who report problems fall into the trap of assuming that people
  are "clued into" their mental state when, in most cases, this is not the
  case.

  As a rule of thumb, if you find yourself referring to your problem as
  the problem with XYZ rather than a problem with XYZ then your message is
  suspect.  Using "the" in this context means that you are assuming that
  your problem is well known.  Unless you can point to an email message
  thread or FAQ entry (either of which is a good idea, btw) please do not
  assume that the readers of your message will be familiar with your
  problem.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org