This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin vs: Windoze services for Unix
- From: Doug VanLeuven <roamdad at attglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin-list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:00:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin vs: Windoze services for Unix
- References: <3F16A4E9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
The interix subsystem isn't as flexible as cygwin IMHO.
The useful bits are the NFS utilities which do not have source &
password synchronization which has source for *nix (not GPL).
I just received an evaluation copy with Linux Magazine as was
wondering if this is a direct 'competitive' product to Cygwin, and if
so, what are the significant functional differences (other than the
obvious - not being open source / free software and Cygwin being
higher quality, of course ;>).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html