This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Spammers watching this user forum
- From: "guenter strubinsky" <strubinsky at acm dot org>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:10:28 -0500
- Subject: RE: Spammers watching this user forum
Christopher, I understand your argument ..but -there's a but..
- It's not completely off topic since spam originated -as it seems
from this newsgroup-
- people are concerned or there would not have been so many DIFFERENT
people involved even though the topic is neither religious nor political
- There is a lot of discussion going on everywhere, even the lawmakers
and whole countries are working on this issue
- It's good to read about spam-assassin, which -I guess- several
members of this newsgroup (including myself) have now installed.
- I also learned that bouncing can worsen things, which is why I
stopped doing it.
So, concluding: I agree that some might see our short discussion as
background noise. I've said all I have to contribute and have learned a few
things that I had not thought about; we let off some steam about the
annoyance that we all 'enjoy'; I personally profited a lot and thank for the
input everybody contributed. My horizon has been definitely expanded.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf
> Of Christopher Faylor
> Sent: Friday, 18 July, 2003 10:06
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: Spammers watching this user forum
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 02:42:41PM +0100, David Sharp wrote:
> >I reckon it is not Spam itself that is blocking up the net, it is all
> >the bouncing programs and people visiting websites to try and
> >unsubscribe from the lists.
> That and people discussing spam on mailing lists.
> Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
> Special for spam email harvesters: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
> and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html