This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
bash: cat << EOF
- From: Samuel Thibault <Samuel dot Thibault at ens-lyon dot fr>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: soft dot eleves at listes dot ens-lyon dot fr
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:38:46 -0400
- Subject: bash: cat << EOF
- Reply-to: Samuel Thibault <samuel dot thibault at fnac dot net>
We have installed cygwin on w2k (5.00.2195 service pack 3), but the
files are actually hosted by a samba server, connected on S:\, and we
login to the box via rsh x11.
The problem we're having is
$ cat << EOF
cat: -: Permission denied
this is the same with dd, ... so the problem must be with bash.
I tried by copying bin/ on the local drive, relaunching bash.exe and
cat.exe from there, same problem, so it might not be because of the
Is this a known limitation ? I couldn't find anything in the documentation
or the FaQ
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html